Brookside Golf & Country Club
1133 Rosemont Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103 USA
Geographic Coordinates: 34.165055, -118.167032
Temperature Range: -40.0°C to 50.0°C (-40°F to 122°F)
Climate: Climate and weather patterns in Pasadena, CA USA vary throughout the year.
Brookside Golf & Country Club, Nestled in the picturesque city of Pasadena, California, Is a golfer’s paradise that offers an unparalleled experience for both avid golfers and beginners alike. This esteemed club boasts a rich history dating back to 1920 when it first opened its doors and has since become one of Southern California’s premier golf destinations. Situated at the base of the majestic San Gabriel Mountains, Brookside Golf & Country Club features two stunning 18-hole championship courses: The C.W. Koiner Course and The E.O. Nay Course.
Designed by renowned architects William P. Bell and Robert Muir Graves respectively, These meticulously maintained courses offer challenging yet enjoyable play for golfers of all skill levels. The C.W. Koiner Course is known for its tree-lined fairways and strategic bunkering that demands accuracy off the tee. This par-72 layout presents a fair test with subtle undulations on greens that can challenge even seasoned players’ putting skills. On the other hand, The E.O Nay Course showcases more open fairways but introduces water hazards on several holes to keep players on their toes.
Aside from offering exceptional golfing experiences, Brookside Golf & Country Club provides top-notch amenities to enhance members’ enjoyment off the course as well. The club boasts a state-of-the-art practice facility complete with driving ranges, Chipping areas, And putting greens where players can refine their skills or receive professional instruction from experienced PGA-certified instructors. For those seeking relaxation after a round of golf or looking to unwind amidst breathtaking views of nature surrounding them, Brookside Golf & Country Club offers an inviting clubhouse with luxurious amenities such as fine dining options serving delectable cuisine prepared by world-class chefs.
Additionally, Members can take advantage of exclusive social events hosted at the club throughout the year which foster camaraderie among fellow golf enthusiasts. As one would expect from such an esteemed establishment in Pasadena’s vibrant golfing community, Brookside Golf & Country Club has played host to numerous high-profile tournaments over the years. It has been the site of multiple PGA Tour events, Including the Los Angeles Open, Which has attracted some of the world’s top golfers to test their skills on these prestigious fairways.
Brookside Golf & Country Club in Pasadena, California stands as a testament to exceptional golfing experiences and luxurious amenities. With its two championship courses designed by renowned architects, State-of-the-art practice facilities, And a welcoming clubhouse offering fine dining options and social events throughout the year, This esteemed club is truly a golfer’s haven. Whether you are an avid golfer seeking a challenging round or simply looking for an upscale environment to relax and enjoy breathtaking views with friends and family, Brookside Golf & Country Club is sure to exceed your expectations.
- History: Brookside Golf & Country Club was established in 1920 and is located near the Rose Bowl Stadium. It was initially a 36-hole golf course designed by William P. Bell, one of Southern California’s most prominent golf course architects.
- Notable Matches: Brookside Golf Course has hosted several significant golf tournaments over the years, including the Los Angeles Open (now known as the Genesis Invitational) on multiple occasions. Some notable winners at Brookside include Arnold Palmer, Phil Mickelson, and Tiger Woods.
- Yearly Events: The Rose Bowl Stadium’s proximity to Brookside Golf Course makes it an ideal location for various events during the annual Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game held on January 1st each year. The course often hosts pre-game festivities for these events.
- Historic Designations: In 1997, both courses at Brookside were designated as Historic-Cultural Monuments by the City of Pasadena due to their architectural significance and contribution to local history.
- Renovations: Over time, there have been renovations and improvements made to enhance the facilities at Brookside Golf & Country Club while preserving its historical character.
Overall, with its long-standing history and association with prestigious golf tournaments and annual Rose Parade festivities, Brookside Golf & Country Club holds a special place in Pasadena’s sporting heritage.
- Colorado Street Bridge: Also known as the Suicide Bridge, this iconic landmark is a historic concrete arch bridge that spans over the Arroyo Seco in Pasadena.
- City Hall: Pasadena City Hall is a beautiful Mediterranean Revival style building that has been featured in various movies and TV shows, such as Parks and Recreation and The Big Bang Theory.
- Norton Simon Museum: This renowned art museum houses an impressive collection of European paintings, sculptures, and Asian artworks. It also features a sculpture garden with works by artists like Auguste Rodin.
- Tournament of Roses Parade Route: Every New Year’s Day, millions of viewers around the world tune in to watch the famous Rose Parade, which travels along Colorado Boulevard showcasing elaborate floats adorned with flowers.
- Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens: Located just outside Pasadena city limits in San Marino, this cultural institution boasts stunning gardens spread across 120 acres alongside an extensive library and art collection.
- Gamble House: Designed by architects Charles and Henry Greene in the Arts & Crafts style, this historic house is considered one of Southern California’s finest examples of early 20th-century architecture.
- The Rose Bowl Stadium: One of America’s most famous sports venues, it hosts numerous events including college football games (including the annual Rose Bowl Game), concerts, flea markets, and more.
- Jackie Robinson Memorial Statue: Located at Jackie Robinson Memorial Field near John Muir High School in Pasadena stands a bronze statue honoring baseball legend Jackie Robinson who grew up in Pasadena.
- Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden: This serene Japanese garden showcases traditional landscaping techniques with ponds filled with koi fish and beautiful tea houses set against a backdrop of lush greenery.
- Wrigley Mansion (Tournament House): Built by chewing gum magnate William Wrigley Jr., this grand mansion serves as the headquarters for the Tournament of Roses Association and is open to the public for tours during certain times of the year.
- Pasadena City College Lancers: The Pasadena City College athletic program has a rich history, with numerous successful sports teams. The football team, in particular, has won multiple conference championships and produced several NFL players.
- Pasadena Panthers: The Pasadena Panthers are a youth football organization that has been active in the community for over 30 years. They have had numerous successful seasons and developed many talented young players.
- Maranatha High School Minutemen: Maranatha High School is known for its strong athletic program, particularly in basketball and soccer. The boys’ basketball team has won multiple league championships and made deep playoff runs.
- John Muir High School Mustangs: John Muir High School has a storied history in both football and track & field. Their football team has won multiple CIF Southern Section championships, while their track & field program has produced several Olympic athletes.
- Blair High School Vikings: Blair High School is home to various successful sports teams, including boys’ basketball and girls’ volleyball. Over the years, they have achieved notable success at both the league and regional levels.
- Rose Bowl Aquatics Center Swim Team (RBAC): RBAC is a competitive swimming club that operates out of the iconic Rose Bowl Aquatics Center in Pasadena. Many swimmers from RBAC have gone on to compete at collegiate and national levels.
- Old Towne Boxing Club: Old Towne Boxing Club is a renowned boxing gym located in Pasadena that has trained professional boxers throughout its history.
- Pasadena Ice Skating Center Figure Skating Team (PISC): PISC is an ice skating club that competes regionally and nationally with its figure skating team members achieving success at various levels of competition.
These are just a few examples of sports teams with notable histories in Pasadena, CA USA; there may be many more depending on specific interests or age groups within different sports disciplines within the city.
- Norton Simon Museum: Known for its extensive collection of European art, Asian sculptures, and works by renowned artists like Rembrandt, Van Gogh, and Picasso.
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens: A cultural center housing an impressive library with rare books and manuscripts, art galleries featuring European paintings and American art, as well as stunning botanical gardens.
- Pasadena Museum of California Art: Showcasing the achievements of California artists through a variety of exhibitions that encompass different mediums such as painting, photography, sculpture, and more.
- Pasadena Playhouse: One of the oldest theaters in the area offering a diverse range of productions including plays, musicals comedy shows and more.
- The Rose Bowl Stadium: Famous worldwide for hosting major sporting events like college football games but also hosts concerts by renowned artists throughout the year.
- Boston Court Pasadena: A performing arts venue featuring innovative theater productions ranging from classics to contemporary works along with music performances.
- Levitt Pavilion Pasadena: An outdoor music venue that hosts free concerts during summer evenings featuring various genres such as rock jazz Latin music etc.
- Armory Center for the Arts: A community-based organization offering contemporary art exhibitions along with educational programs for all ages to encourage creativity and artistic expression.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum: Designed specifically for children up to 10 years old; it provides interactive exhibits focusing on science education while encouraging exploration through play-based learning activities.
- Pacific Asia Museum (USC PAM): Located near Pasadena in Los Angeles’ San Marino neighborhood; this museum houses an extensive collection representing Asian cultures including China’s Ming Dynasty artifacts to Japanese woodblock prints.
Note that some venues may have specific visiting hours or may currently have modified operations due to COVID-19 restrictions – it is advisable to check their websites or contact them directly before planning a visit.